Director of Marketing
Abington Friends School (AFS) is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school for students age three through grade 12. In a culture of intellectual and creative ambition, AFS cultivates fearless, curious learning. Engaged and purposeful, students leave AFS with clear, strong and thoughtful voices, prepared for lives of meaning and accomplishment. More information is available at www.abingtonfriends.net.
Abington Friends School is a stimulating and rewarding place to work for faculty and staff alike, offering a dynamic culture supported by a mentoring program for new teachers and staff, a highly developed diversity and inclusion program and a robust professional-development program.
Abington Friends School seeks a full-time, twelve-month Director of Marketing to serve on the School’s Advancement team and oversee strategic responsibility for the design and implementation of all institutional marketing programs.
Reporting to the Assistant Head of School for Institutional Advancement, the Director of Marketing will oversee initiatives to build institutional reputation and drive enrollment and philanthropic growth. The successful candidate will direct planning, budgeting, design and evaluation for all paid, owned and earned advertising, devise content-driven marketing and lead cultivation programs, design and manage marketing communication for print, web and social channels, oversee brand visual identity and develop institutional core messaging for key program areas. As a member of the School’s Administrative Council, the Director of Marketing also works closely with the Head of School and with the Director of Communications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directing an annual advertising plan and budget, including direct mail, print, social media, outdoor, word of mouth and radio advertising.
- Conducting market research, and working collaboratively with the Development and Admission teams on strategic planning, goal setting, program and collateral material design.
- Directing the production and distribution of all marketing and advertising collateral for the School, including print, web and electronic communications.
- In-house graphic design and managing graphic design work with the Schools’ design firm.
- Developing stories and writing copy for print, web and social media advertising.
- Managing the School’s website, social media presence, and all-school, admission and development email communication campaigns and schedules.
- Scheduling and managing photo shoots for communications and marketing collateral and communications collateral in collaboration with the Director of Communications.
- Overseeing all elements of institutional visual identity, including school communications, publications, campus signage and school spirit wear.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree, preferably in communication or marketing and a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience. Candidates should possess a growth mindset regarding technology, with the ability to learn new tools and work in a variety of technical systems. Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite; Mailchimp or other email campaign software; CMS (Wordpress preferred); Facebook Ad Manager and Google Analytics is required. The ideal candidate is comfortable working on varying social media platforms, has strong project management and organizational skills, excellent interpersonal skills, proven design skills, advertising copy writing skills, and publications experience.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and list of three references.
Abington Friends School is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.