The Marketing & Development Coordinator works with the Institute leadership to identify and execute policy & procedures designed to enhance operational excellence of marketing, development and communications efforts in order to ensure success. Ensures the effective, compliant, & efficient management of websites and social media. Represents program/project on internal & external administrative affairs by recommending alternatives & suggestions.
Please note: This position require Occasional overtime.
- Researches and manages implementation of multiple marketing, development, and communication initiatives ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops, maintains & reports on quantitative and qualitative performance measures.
- Initiates agreements between NU and partner organizations, ensuring that agreements are completed, appropriately reviewed, approved, and adhered to by all parties.
- Ensure technology systems are properly installed & maintained & meet the informational, analytical & computing needs of users.
- Ensures necessary hardware, software & network infrastructure services are installed and operational.
- Creates budgets for marketing, development, and communication efforts.
- Identifies ways to improve quality of content across websites and social media.
- Creates new content and edits existing content across websites and social media.
- Serves as in in-house resource for department staff using the designated CMS, creating training materials as needed.
- Provides advice and recommendations on content and design changes.
- Shares best practices across the department and assists with other web and social media projects as assigned.
- Ensures program/project success.
- Identifies opportunities and strategies for short- and long-term growth & expansion of marketing, development, and communications.
- Contributes to the development of program/project brand identity and marketing & advertising strategy.
- Contributes to implementation of marketing of new and current programs, working with partner institutions & media to ensure marketing plan effectively targets applicants, sponsors, etc.
- Works with the Director to ensure that all marketing, development, and communication materials accurately represent programs.
- Manages development and maintenance of evaluation processes for social media and optimization of on-line presence.
- Reviews & analyzes outcome measurements and recommends changes & enhancements to improve program/project.
- Collaborates with internal/external partners to implement changes designed to improve/increase program/project goals/objectives.
- Manages programming, educational, student, alumni, workshops, meetings, etc. including speakers, agendas, etc.
- Manages planning and arrangement of meetings, workshops, events, etc. designed to exchange information, promote research objectives, and to build internal and external relationships within NU.
- Manages event details including communication, venues, presenters, travel arrangements, materials, refreshments and technology are arranged and completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure optimal faculty IT support.
- Assists with editing of grants/contracts and their affiliated reports.
- Researches competitor, and state-of-the art developments to enhance, improve, and innovate marketing, development, and communications to better meet goals & objectives.
- Coordinates and delivers onsite instruction and provision of logistical support.
- Supervises creation of components, including curriculum development, lectures, conferences, seminars, support groups, etc.
- Oversee development and implementation of new program/project initiatives.
- Manages relationships with partners, foundations, etc. and coordinates logistical support
- Continually assesses and innovates program/project to achieve educational goals.
- Develops strategy for program/project growth and expansion.
- Implements strategic plans for marketing, development, and communications.
- Researchers and recommends changes & improvements to marketing, development, and communications to better meet organizational needs & objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in liberal arts, communications, marketing, new media, web design or graphic arts or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 2-3 years applicable experience.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing new websites and social media, including writing and editing content and use of a content management system.
- Strong writing/editing and design skills.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills. Ability to rain and work well with others in group and individual settings.
- Familiarity with Adobe products, including Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
- Experience in search engine optimization and web analytics.
- Problem-solving and organization skills and ability to manage numerous jobs and priorities at one time.
- Strong English language skills.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, online blogging solutions, a and there online applications.
- Demonstrated experience building dynamically generated websites that draw on content-related databases.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Advanced degree in communications, marketing, design, or computer usability.
- Experience in higher education.
- Experience with Mighty Site.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.