There's never a dull moment as the Marketing and Communications Manager when overseeing strategic marketing initiatives and delivering school-wide communications campaigns. You will need to be a thinker, problem-solver, and a gatekeeper for our brand. At times you will need to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines. Other times, you'll oversee the execution of social media campaigns during our busy back to school season. In between, there will be vendors to coordinate, budgets to manage, metrics to report on, and B2B programs to develop… all designed to promote the school community and serve more families.
Operating at the center of the marketing department, this marketing professional must have extraordinary communication skills. In addition, the Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for staying abreast of changes in the marketing environment to best serve the objectives of the organization and adjust plans accordingly.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing digital advertising campaigns for both B2B and B2C segments, including strategy and performance
- Project coordination that requires collaboration among other internal departments, customers, or outside vendors
- Deliver projects on time and within budget parameters
- Document projects and develop a lesson learned assessment after each project to ensure optimization for future campaigns.
- Responsible for working with the Director to establish strategic marketing programs, from the planning stage through execution and reporting
- Able to assess the marketing program strengths and weaknesses, tailor approach to various audiences, track program performance against goals, and identify strategies to reach those goals
- Able to develop success metrics and assess performance at the end of the marketing cycle to keep the department on track and recommend future improvements
- Responsible for staying within the approved guidelines for budget management
- Report any unexpected expenses
- Track year-over-year performance
- Day-to-day tasks include managing and coordinating marketing projects and liaising with media organizations and advertising agencies.
- Required to plan media purchases and place insertion orders, oversee the maintenance of the school’s social media sites, and plan for events such as conferences in both the B2B and B2C space.
- Oversight may include any combination of graphic design, and reviewing text for ads, brochures or websites.
- Supervise marketing coordinator’s day-to-day responsibilities and project work.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Analytical skills to generate performance reporting and identify trends and challenges
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy, shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Strong prioritization skills
- Work collaboratively and share ideas effectively across teams
- Articulate a point of view that helps shape the strategic direction of content development
- Articulate and advocate for your work clearly, respectfully and professionally
- Be proactive in generating ideas and anticipating needs of the department and company
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with SEO a plus