Under the supervision of the Executive Director of University Relations & Marketing (URM), the Director of Digital Engagement is responsible for planning, implementing, measuring, and optimizing a digital communications and social media strategy that furthers brand building and engagement across the University. This individual must thrive on building collaborative relationships across the Stockton community, testing & learning to establish best practices, and elevating Stockton’s digital presence. This manager must use data-driven insights to advance integrated marketing communications activities that drive measurable outcomes and impact. The Director is a strategic communicator who understands how social channels fit in larger marketing campaigns, news and media relations, crisis response, and content marketing.
Job Duties: Specifically, the Director of Digital Engagement will serve in the following ways;
- Create, manage, implement and execute digital media strategies to drive meaningful and measurable engagement with Stockton’s target and community audiences that supports the University’s strategic goals
- In coordination with URM staff, create and execute digital communications plans for Stockton’s annual campaigns, news and media relations and social media that utilize the latest campaign tactics
- Work cross departmentally with Director of News and Media Relations to prioritize news and media relations requests and think critically about digital needs
- Analyze and report on media analytics and promote data-driven decision making across teams.
- Responsible for setting the digital communications calendar, and resolve conflicts related to strategy, timing, and audiences.
- Assist with writing press releases, taking photos and authoring content for Stockton’s digital publications
- Serve on crisis communications response team
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of University Relations & Marketing and/or the Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Master’s degree in marketing, digital communications, or other related course of study.
- Five years of marketing and public relations communications experience and online marketing
- Three years of experience with testing and optimizing social media.
- Three years of supervisory experience
Additional Experience considered:
- Demonstrate ability to work within brand guidelines and use brand voice.
- Experience managing a social community and supporting content marketing.
- Acumen related to new platforms and ability to teach others.
- Experience working with numbers, metrics and analysis.
- Three years of experience of planning integrated marketing strategies.
- Two years of experience with digital advertising.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A cover letter describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume
- A list of 3 references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Phone
- Samples of work which demonstrate skills related to the position
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.