Work Location is Washington, DC (Highly Preferred)
About the Organization
Founded in 1977, ZERO TO THREE works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development. Our mission is to ensure that all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life. At ZERO TO THREE we envision a society that has the knowledge and will to support all infants and toddlers in reaching their full potential. Our Core Values Statement: We believe that how we do our work is as important as what we do. To learn more about ZERO TO THREE, please visit our website at www.zerotothree.org.
ZERO TO THREE is seeking a Marketing Specialist to assist with the implementation and evaluation of marketing campaigns to drive sales and engagement with ZERO TO THREE’s membership, products, events, and services. The ideal candidate is someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is passionate about using his/her marketing skills and experience to contribute to an important mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts marketing campaigns, including writing and laying out emails, updating web content, and analyzing results.
- Develops and maintains schedules for marketing campaigns. Monitors internal and external activities to achieve maximum impact from campaigns.
- Implements traditional and digital membership acquisition, engagement and retention marketing campaigns to meet program goals and maximize revenue.
- Supports all aspects of planning, writing, coordinating graphics, and distributing a wide variety of promotional materials for programs, products, and events.
- Plays an important role in branding and sales efforts with a strong emphasis on the Annual Conference. This role will support all promotions leading up to the conference and onsite.
- Identifies and compiles outreach lists using database tools, marketing software, and other research sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years marketing experience
- Prior association or non-profit experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated capacity to craft clear, compelling marketing messages
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to think creatively in developing concepts for marketing campaigns and maximizing limited resources
- Self-motivated but understands how to operate and thrive in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with sales and marketing systems including CRM, CMS, web analytics, email marketing platforms, and experience with or interest in learning design programs preferred.
- Ability to travel.
- Is self-reflective and empathic
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results
- Maintains a respectful and accepting approach to others
- Awareness of the influence of the larger context on individual behavior
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is frequently required to use finger dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. Also may need to remain seated for long periods of time, have the ability to perform repetitive motions, communicate verbally and hear well enough to detect nuances and receive detailed information. The employee may be required to walk, grasp objects, push or pull objects, bend, squat, reach, stand, or kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision for expansive reading. Though rarely, the employee may need to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work conditions described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Depending on work location, the incumbent will typically work indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels or be subject to working conditions conducive to a home office. The employee is expected to travel and will be exposed to outside environmental conditions during those times.
ZERO TO THREE: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities